Project 2: Protest song

This is our second project in the music classroom:

We will begin with a rap. First of all, we explored the topics that we found might be useful to write about


- In the world
- Around you:



- The chosen topic:


 Writing rhymes with Anna McCarthy:
We worked together, the U shape was perfect for us!

Now we are ready to write the full rap:



These are the students' opinions about the creative process:

I feel a little nervous and embarrassed  but I think I will do it well 

I think it is a good idea to compose a rap and record it but maybe some people are too shy to do it

I like this rap

I like this class because this morning it made me happy because I had a bad day

I learned some of the rap but my part I learned perfectly and it is very difficult to learn the whole rap

 it's fine and it's fun that we do things all together

I think that recording this rap helps us to be better partners and have respect for ourselves

I think that the rap is going to be great for working together and for fellowship. We will put enthusiasm into it, because we wrote the lyrics.

I'm a little embarrassed to sing in front of everyone, but the truth is that while I'm doing it I feel so comfortable because of the trust we have with each other. I feel good and I like it because it is a new experience and I think it is something that by doing it we will have a great time

I feel like a famous singer singing like the professionals

The rap is very good and also what the lyrics say is reality.

Hello! So, normally I don’t like to sing but this rap is a group thing, so, I like doing it!

I just heard the song!
I think it's super cool, fun and different that we do our own rap talking about society....




Secondly, we worked with the topic "slavery in the USA"

We performed this song:


Here you can see the choreography we created to dance to the chorus

We also performed this work song:


We prepared the planning on the classroom wall


Comments

Post a Comment

Remember that all comments must be in English.